This policy is applicable and must be accepted by the users of any EUDAT CDI services.
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use (“AUP”) defines the rules and conditions that govern your access to and use (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services (“Services”) as granted by the EUDAT CDI, represented by the EUDAT ltd, for the purpose of accessing and using distributed research data management services including storage resources, data processing facilities and the corresponding consultancy.
- You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the purposes and limitations described above; you shall show consideration towards other users including by not causing harm to the Services; you have an obligation to collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by any applicable service level agreements listed below. Use without such agreements is at your own risk.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences, which may include your account being suspended and a report being made to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
The security contact for this AUP is: email@example.com
The administrative contact for this AUP is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The privacy statements (e.g. Privacy Notices):
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements (Data Protection and Privacy Policies) in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679).
Applicable service level agreements:
Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent explicitly specified by applicable service description.
c/o CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
This policy is based on the on the "WISE Baseline Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use", template version 1.0, dated 25 Feb 2019 (from the AARC Policy Development Kit).
© Owned by the Members of the WISE Community SCI Working Group and made available under license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0