Convenor: René van Horik (DANS - Data Archiving and Networked Services)
EUDAT is a collaborative pan-European infrastructure providing research data services, training and consultancy for researchers, research communities and research infrastructures and data centers. This training workshop has four aims:
- to present and discuss the EUDAT research data services in relation to the research data lifecycle
- to demonstrate the interoperability between two research data infrastructures: EUDAT and EGI
- to describe how to integrate the B2Share service with existing community sites
- to explain and demonstrate how persistent identifiers form an essential building block for research data management
Who is this training for?
Target audience: data scientists, researchers (individuals and members of research communities), managers of research infrastructures and data centers, EGI FedCloud users
- Introduction. EUDAT and the research life cycle (15 minutes)
Presenter: René Van Horik (DANS)
Learning goal: to gain understanding on how the main EUDAT services support the research lifecycle that includes creating, storing, processing, analysing, preserving and (re)using research data.
- Interoperability use case between EUDAT and EGI services. Demo. (10 minutes)
Presenter: Diego Scardaci (EGI) / Giuseppe Fiameni (CINECA)
Learning goal: how to transfer data between the EUDAT and EGI infrastructures for further processing and analysis, and ingest results back.
- Store and share data with the B2Share API (30 minutes)
Presenter: Carl Johan Håkansson/Sarah Berenjiardestani (SNIC)
- Persistent identifiers and the B2Handle service (30 minutes)
Presenter: Peter Gille/Dejan Vitlacil (SNIC)