The Sixth Plenary RDA Meeting to be hosted in Paris from 23-25 September 2015, will feature a special focus on research data for climate change, leveraging on the UN Climate Change Conference (COP21) to be held in Paris in December 2015.
As a part of this special focus Cap Digital & RDA have created a special Challenge designed to connect Climate Change related Data Sets with startups, SMEs and larger organizations with practical application for these data.
In this phase the organisers are interested in receiving applications from holders of datasets on:
- Air quality;
- Urban Activity.
In addition to a description of the datasets, we would also like to receive indications on the possible applications that might constitute a challenge goal.
Submissions must be made on-line and are accepted until midnight CET 21st May 2015.
For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This challenge intends to demonstrate how the work of RDA is a key to solve numerous climate change related issues through enterprise engagement.
The course of this challenge will be the following:
- Selection of relevant data sets for inclusion in the challenge (21st May)
- Open challenge to enterprises to propose practical application pilots (22nd May – 22nd June)
- Challenge announcement and publication on a dedicated web platform during Futur en Seine, the international digital festival in Paris in June.
- Identification of 3 application pilots to be taken forward; (30th June)
- Presentation of results & announcement of the challenge winner during the Plenary 6 Climate Change Data Challenge Day; (24th Sept)
- Demo of the winner’s solution and data set during the UN Climate Change Conference (COP21) in December (to be confirmed).
The Research Data Alliance Sixth Plenary Meeting will be held in Paris, France - 22 to 25 September 2015.